原來Eat humble pie跟吃派都沒關係,重點在humble,意思是指謙虛地承認錯誤,也有種不得不坦誠錯誤的意味,以下來看看怎麼用英文認錯、道歉。
Eat humble pie 坦誠錯誤
The mayor had to eat humble pie and apologize for misleading many voters.(市長誤導了許多選民,所以他必須低頭認錯。)
I think I'm right, but if I'm wrong. I'll eat humble pie.(我認為我是正確的,如果我錯了,我會虛心認錯。)
I'm sorry but/I'm sorry that/I'm sorry for 誠摯道歉
I'm sorry but I won't be able to attend the conference.(很抱歉但我沒辦法參與會議。)
I'm sorry that I didn't meet my obligations and complete my work on time.(我很抱歉我沒有準時完成工作,履行我的義務。)
I'm sorry for replying so late.(很抱歉這麼晚才回覆。)
Make it up to you 適度補償與賠罪
If there's anything I can do to make it up to you, just ask.(如果有什麼地方我可以補償你,儘管說。)
She'd neglected her children and wanted to make it up to them by spending more time with them.(她忽略了她的小孩,所以希望可以多花一點時間來補償他們。)
Ensure that/Promise that 確保
The school will ensure that the election is carried out fairly.(學校會確保選舉執行公正。)
I promise that I'll meet my deadlines.(我保證我會趕在截止日完成。)
聚焦產業新知、管理心法,企業轉型再成長的必備讀物
聚焦產業新知、管理心法,企業轉型再成長的必備讀物
請查看您的信箱,我們將寄送驗證信給您,確保未來信件會送到您的信箱